What is The Next Right Step?
If you are feeling like you are unsure about your next right step in your life, you are not alone. On a global scale, we have all been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. This pandemic has caused many of us to reflect on how we are living our lives and how we want to live moving forward. Read the questions below to see if any of them resonate with you or someone that you know:
· Has the time spent in close quarters during lockdown helped you realize that you want or need to address your communication, conflict resolution, boundaries, or intimacy patterns in your close relationships?
· Has the social isolation due quarantine heightened your feelings of loneliness, anxiety, or sadness?
· Are you struggling with grief, trauma, or loss associated with or due to COVID-19?
· Does the thought of returning to in-person work, school or social interactions cause you anxiety and stress?
· If you are in college or graduate school, have your professional goals changed given what you have observed with the pandemic? Are you lacking passion or clarity about these goals?
If you answered yes or you can relate to the questions posed above, you are not alone. Change is happening all around us; it can be unpredictable and challenging.
Professional therapy can help you to navigate these changes. With therapy, you can gain clarity on the next right steps for your personal situation with objective, compassionate and proactive support. The next right step might be deciding whether to even make a change in your life, or it may be addressing any ambivalence about change. Or it could be that you have committed to making a change in your life, but you need support to create a plan of action to facilitate lasting positive change.
So, are you ready to honestly answer the question of “What is the next right step for my life?”. Are you willing to explore or take the active steps necessary to meet your therapy goals? If so, please reach out to me using the contact information on this page to see if we can work together to accomplish the next right steps in your life. I look forward to hearing from you.